Ambiguous Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of the Best - ikang

Go down

Best of the Best - ikang Empty Best of the Best - ikang

Post  miss lovie Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Title: Best of the Best
Author: ikang
Url: www.winglin.net/fanfic/ikang2
Reviewer: Miss Lovie@ambiguousabyss.blogspot.com

Title: 7/10

I like it because one look at it tells me that its genre is not romance, but friendship or kinship etc. This makes it different from the cliché titles out there on the Winglin webpage.

Forewords: 5/10

This is not exactly attractive, not enough to sustain a reader’s interest for a period of time if you’re going to take some days to update your story. I would prefer this excerpt instead.

Excerpt:

["And the 'Best Album of the Year' Awards goes to...."
Changmin hung his head low and stared down at the floor, tears threatening to fall from his eyes but he desperately tried to stop them. They had failed Yunhei two times already. He can't bear to hear that they'd fail her one more time. If they come to her empty-handed... if they come to her with nothing to be proud of...
"Even if we don't win, Min, she'll understand..." Yoochun said as he put his arm around his shoulders.
It was hopeless.]
You see, the moment readers read this excerpt, they would immediate question why is Changmin so desperate to win the award? Their attention would be captured immediately, and be interested to read on. And, this is the climax of the story. Usually, I would recommend writers to use climaxes as sources of prologue or excerpts.

Poster & Background: -/10

Not applicable. But it would definitely be better if you have one.

Characters: 3/5

I do like the inclusion of the fictional character.

Creativity & Originality: 14/20

This is definitely something new, with regards to the usage of the award ceremony, in addition to the idea of a cancer patient. It’s a good thing you did not elaborate more on the death of Yunhei and give readers some space for imagination, if not your plot would have become cliché.

Story plotting & Organisation: 12/15

I feel very comfortable with the pace of the story, which is very surprising. Although the story stretches over a period of two to three years, yet I don’t the sudden change in time settings. This is due to the skillful use of alternation of scenes to narrate the story. Good job.

Language: 14/20

I like the simplicity in your story, even in the use of vocabulary. The words are enough to convey your thoughts and feelings.

However, please be careful of spelling mistakes. I spotted quite a few.

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

I like the slight melancholic feeling this story gives me in the end. It’s a pleasant read although there are questions left unanswered. The inclusion of another chapter means that your plot is still incomplete.

Bonus: 5/5

Good attempt. I’m looking forward to more one-shots from you. (:

Total: 66.5/90 = 73.8/100
miss lovie
miss lovie
Admin

https://ambiguousabyss.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down