Ambiguous Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends Meet Again - ikang

Go down

Friends Meet Again - ikang Empty Friends Meet Again - ikang

Post  miss lovie Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Title: Friends Meet Again
Author: ikang
Url: www.winglin.net/fanfic/ikang2
Reviewer: miss lovie@ambiguousabyss.blogspot.com

Title: 6/10

This is sort of boring, not catchy enough. However it gives me a feeling of nostalgia, without knowing why.

Forewords: 3.5/10

This is too short to be able to sustain your readers’ interest. You may want to add in a short character introduction for this case, because it’s a one-shot, without many excerpts to choose from.

Poster & Background: -/10

Not applicable.

But it would definitely be better if you have one.

Characters: 5/5

Good characterisation. I like the way you give them life through their actions, not literal narration. Keep it up.

Creativity & Originality: 15/20

This is quite a refreshing plot. It’s indeed interesting to see how males are also striving for acceptance among their peers. Usually, females are the ones portrayed as the such characters.

Story plotting & Organisation: 12/15

The flow of story is very consistent. Same as always, I love the way you used dashes to change scenes and settings without readers feeling abrupt. Your writing style is starting to get prominent.

And, just to add on, I love the way you used their age to change settings in the scenes. However, it sounds too deliberated. It would have been better if you change the way of narration, for example, “early teens” instead of “fourteen-year-old”. This mi

Language: 13.5/20

I spotted a few grammar and spelling mistakes. Just remember to correct them before posting your chapter up.

Please avoid using short forms. Standardise everything.

And, please take note of your expressions. Sometimes, they can be awkward. There’s definitely room for improvement.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Yes, I like this one. Firstly, your genre is definitely different from most of the fanfics out there. Secondly, this fanfic did manage to evoke some emotions in me. I was touched by their strong friendship.

Bonus: 5/5

I’m looking forward to more one-shots from you! (:

Total: 68/90 = 75.5/100
miss lovie
miss lovie
Admin

https://ambiguousabyss.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down