Ambiguous Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destined Blood - savior86 & blackespirit

Go down

Destined Blood - savior86 & blackespirit Empty Destined Blood - savior86 & blackespirit

Post  miss lovie Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Title: Destined Blood
Url: www.winglin.net/fanfic/d_b
Author: savior86 & blackespirit
Reviewer: miss lovie@ambiguousabyss.darkbb.com

DISCLAIMER: Review given by the reviewer might be harsh, but no insults or disparaging comments intended.

Title: 7.5/10

Oh yes, this sounds interesting. It catches my attention because I love dark fictions and I have a feeling it’s going to be exciting, and perhaps a little melancholic.

Forewords: 8/10

I was really interested to read on! That prologue hooked me in as though I was at the sanctuary and watching them closely. Actually you can just do without the introduction because it was quite boring for me. Of course, I understand too that you have to explain some terms you will be using in your story.

Poster & Background: 7/10

The poster is great because it fits the mood and everything. But, it’s such a pity that the quality of the pictures you used was low. It was a little blur. And, the size of the poster is too large. You can resize it.

Characters: 4/5

Yes, I can feel the characters coming to life because of the intricate descriptions of them and the interesting dialogues between them.

Creativity & Originality: 17/20

Really interesting story. Of course, a plot on vampires isn’t that refreshing, yet you added in reincarnation and kinship to sub-support that plot, which becomes a totally new one. Well done.

Story plotting & Organisation: 10/15

The flow of the story is very consistent and well-controlled.

However, it’s such a pity that you used words like “Flashback” and “Manor” to tell the settings. I would have preferred you to describe instead of telling the readers directly.

Language: 16/20

I love your wide range of vocabulary and descriptions. They are a bonus to your story, by stimulating the element of imagination in your readers to run really wild yet not too far-fetched.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Yes, I like this. The first few chapters drew me in and I felt as though I was right there, beside JaeJoong and Bomi. But, as chapters go by, the x-factor gradually disappears. What I’m referring to here is the dark element that you foreshadowed in your prologue. I was somehow looking forward to a really ‘extreme’ fiction, but not a fiction with a lighter atmosphere. Anyway, you still managed to interest me, which is excellant. Good work!

Bonus: 5/5

I’m definitely looking forward to more dark fictions from you!

Total: 83/100
miss lovie
miss lovie
Admin

https://ambiguousabyss.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down